Here Are the Hidden Dangers of a Clogged Grease Trap
Every restaurant owner should know the value of a functioning grease trap. They help keep the dishwashing process running and ensure that your plumbing is in good working order. Performing regular maintenance on grease traps is essential to keep the restaurant running smoothly.
The reality of the situation is that grease trap clogs in Cleveland, TX can bring your restaurant’s operations to a grinding halt. Keep up with this basic maintenance task and avoid the following unpleasant grease trap pitfalls:
- Smells: Nothing will push diners out of a restaurant faster than failing to pass “the smell test.” The fact is that grease plus old food and another waste buildup will result in a toxic blend of odors that will overwhelm customers’ nostrils. The last thing you want is a Yelp reviewer saying that your restaurant smells awful.
- Kitchen fires: A clogged grease trap makes it that much more likely that a kitchen fire will occur. Grease is a highly flammable substance, and when a kitchen fire starts, a clogged grease trap means it will spread quickly and be difficult to control. Remove grease clogs or face safety hazards.
- Extra costs: Grease clogs will lead to unanticipated costs in the form of health department fines and plumbing repairs. You may even need to close down the restaurant for a period of time until it’s up to code. Plumbing repairs will also be an issue, as severe clogs lead to damaged wastewater piping.
- Health hazards: On top of all this, a dirty grease trap is a serious health risk for employees and customers. Fumes emitted from these traps are unhealthy when employees are inhaling them all day. Wastewater is liable to overflow due to grease trap blockages, which may contaminate your water source. This could lead to dishes washed in the water being contaminated, meaning your customers will get sick.
- Clogs: When you fail to clean the grease trap, you will almost certainly wind up with clogs. Pumping out the grease trap means you’re removing materials and keeping the piping clean. Failing to do so will lead to toxic buildup that will overflow to the kitchen, resulting in plumbing problems and leading to damage that you could have avoided.
The bottom line is that it’s easy to avoid a clogged grease trap in Cleveland, TX by simply hiring professional technicians to perform basic maintenance according to a consistent schedule. Keeping this as part of your regular maintenance schedule means you’ll never get behind and can avoid all these business-breaking hazards.
Since 1999, the team at All Pro Septic has been the region’s leading provider of high-quality septic services. We install, repair and maintain septic systems for residential, commercial and industrial properties. We also provide line cleaning and sewage pump repair, as well as cleaning for grease traps, lint traps, and aerobic systems.
Our residential and business customers love our no-nonsense approach and fast, affordable service options. Contact us today for a hassle-free service quote. We look forward to assisting you soon!